cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC service-group settings

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

After checking the WLCs at several sites using the WLC Config Analyzer, one of the errors that came up was that the service-port interface was invalid because it was set to 0.0.0.0. We're not using the service-port interface, so how should this be set? In the web interface, if I uncheck DHCP, it wants a real static IP address... should I use 127.0.0.1? Do I need to do this in the CLI?

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Generally I set them to something so that some stuff like WCS & Config Analyzer don't complain about it. I wouldn't set it to 127.0.0.1.; Although if it's a WiSM module then they should be configured to match the WiSM VLAN in the switch chassis otherwise the WLC can generate lost heartbeat alarms.

Typically if my internal network is a 10.x.x.x network I will use 192.168.1.(last octet of management address), then reverse that as necessary. The service port is for out of band management, which mean it generally isn't connected to any unless you need an alternate to the console port.

As fo setting it, you can either set it via the gui or via the cli

hope this helps.

If it's not a WiSM, and we don't have a WCS (yet anyway), is there any need to change it, other than stopping the error in the Config Analyzer? I'd like to do that, but I'd probably need more justification to actually do it.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card