Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed Authentication MARS with ACS Solution Engine 4.1

kathy-kat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I try to authenticate the mars with the ACS but do not have any message only that the authenticacions is failed.

Let me tell you everuthing i did:

1. I created a client RADIUS in the ACS for MARS.

2. I configured in ADMIN> Authentication Configuration > AAA Server: the config of ACS Solution Engine and when i tried to prode the connectivity appear a message that say "Connection to AAA Server succeeded"  but in the bottom appear a box with the following information:

Input username and password to check authentication: i write the information but when i logout an try to log again with the username the AUTHENTICATION FAILS.

So i do not  know which could be the problem, because i configure the mars into AAA Server like a client just said the guide config of MARS.

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you also change the authentication method from LOCAL to AAA Server? (It's above the "AAA Server Configuration:" under Admin --> Authentication Configuration)

Yes, I changed the authentication Local to AAA Server, in the fact when i tested conectivity is successful the problem is when i try to log with the user created in the ACS the authentication is failed, any idea for that??

1) Are you seeing the authentication request on the ACS server? ie: are you seeing failed attempt from the MARS on the ACS?

2) What is your MARS version?

The problem has been resolved, the problem was that the user who is going to authenticate with the mars should be created in to Mars, adn the ACS check the password of that user. =D

Great, thanks for sharing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: