Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS upgrade switch version fails

sakengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm upgrading CUPS 6.0.5.10000-13 to 7.0.2.10000-36 which I have downloaded from CCO.

I restarted the server and when I apply switch version command from CLI to swtich to ver 7, it doesn't do anything.

Has any body experience this kind of issue? This is a standalone lab installation so physically there's no CUCM connected. I have restored production CUPS backup on it and wants to upgrade to ver 7.

Thanks in advance,

Sak

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Maybe try:

Utils system switch-version nodatasync

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, I will give it a shot and update the thread.

sak

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is most likely CSCsl59162.

I might be wrong, but I don't think nodatasync would fix the problem.

"nodatasync" parameter is used on CUCM to turn off UFF (User Faced Feature) synchronization.  UFF means, MWI, Call Forwarding, etc..  Since CUPS does not have UFF, this parameter shouldn't make any difference on switch-version command.

If "nodatasync" didn't fix the problem, you may open a TAC case and provide bug ID CSCsl59162.  TAC engineer should be able to apply workaround per the bug.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael, I'm sure you are not wrong

I imagined UFF (in the CUPS context) would be stuff that isn't configurable via the Admin interface; so things like user's contact lists, setting to show calendar presence, etc etc... I guess that's not the case?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: