Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1(5) publisher database curropt - need help quick

irvine_iain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just upgrade our Cisco CUCM to 6.1(5). However I have updated the wrong partition on the publisher and lost a large number of user/devices/phone line configuration from the database. Thankfully I have not upgraded the subscriber yet and it is running an up-to-date database.

My question is:

Is there any way to copy the up-to-day database from the Subscriber and put it back on the publisher??

(currently I have shut down the publisher for the moment as I am scared that it will replicate the old database onto the subscribe and I will loss all the user and device configurations permanently).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No, there is no way to move the sub data to the pub.

You need to:

1) Explain what you mean by 'updating the wrong partition' - you run the install, it picks the inactive partition, you reboot if you like. What exactly have you done?

2) If you really have screwed the system completely, you need a backup to restore from. Build from media, restore, and you're done.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi what i did was (remember this is the first time I have udated the CUCM):

I swapped the publisher active partition CUCM 6.1(4) with the inactive partition CUCM 6.1(3). Thus making the Partition CUCM 6.1(3) the active partition and the inactive partition CUCM 6.1(4). Then upgraded the publisher to version 6.1(5) (for some reason I thought that the upgrade, upgraded the active partition - I now realize I was massively incorrect an that it upgrades the inactive partition).

Anyway the upgrade had finished I rebooted the publisher and everything seems to go ok, but I realized that the user configurations ie before we had over 200 phones configured on the publisher, but know we have only 100 phones configured.

The Subscriber was not upgrade and is still at version 6.1(4) and contains all the phones configurations. Also to make things worse there is no backup of the publisher to roll the system back to version 6.1(4). That is why I need to some how take the settings (phone and user configurations from the subscriber and get them back onto the publisher).

Cheers 

Hi

Yeah, that's quite an error.

There's really not any easy way to recover from what you've done here... you may be able to:

- Activate the Bulk Admin service on the subscriber (in CCM Serviceability/Tools/Service Activation)

- Use Bulk Admin to export all the possible available data categories (in CCMAdmin on the subscriber), and download it

- Rebuild your publisher, or upgrade it back to the correct version 6.1(4) and import the data exported from the publisher

I strongly suspect you either won't be able to activate BAT or export the config, and if you do you may still have problems importing the data...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: