Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset QPM 4.x database

nrmdcs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to reset the database on my QPM install without having to reinstall QPM and patch it up again.  The reason for this is we've ended up with a number of ghost nested policy entries that are selectable in policy creation but do not show up in the nested policy table (provisioning > pre-configuration > nested policies), and some policies cannot be deleted (after selecting them and pressing delete they are still in the policy list!).

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alright, I'd still strongly suggest completing a backup from QPM's Common Services first before you go ahead. That being said, I'm guessing you could get it done with the following commands on the appropriate OS:

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Now the ??? part is what I'm not sure about. My bet would be either "QPM" or "Qpm", but I can't find any definitive answer about it. So YMMV, No Warranty Expressed or Implied, etc., etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are there things that you don't want to lose?

No, don't need to keep anything.

Alright, I'd still strongly suggest completing a backup from QPM's Common Services first before you go ahead. That being said, I'm guessing you could get it done with the following commands on the appropriate OS:

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=qpm dmprefix=???    <-- see note below

Now the ??? part is what I'm not sure about. My bet would be either "QPM" or "Qpm", but I can't find any definitive answer about it. So YMMV, No Warranty Expressed or Implied, etc., etc.