Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P 48port Gigabit POE Firmware Upgrade fails

I have a Linksys SGE2010P 48 Port switch with POE and I cannot get the firmware to upgrade.

I have downloaded the firmware software from the site: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9985/index.html

Everytime I run the EasyUpgrade application I get the error after it starts the Telnet session:

"Did not find device information. Application will terminate"

I cannot find any reason why this is happening. I know that I have a SGE2010P and I know that I am downloading the correct firmware.

Am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to upgrade the firmware via the GUI per the instructions in the Admin Guide?  Your posting leads me to believe you are trying to upgrade the switch via Telnet?  You should use the GUI upgrade method per the Admin Guide.

Best Regards,

Glenn

I am having the same issue where the "Easy upgrade" utility fails.  When I try to upgrade firmware via the Web GUI, I am able to upload the "Software Image" & when I click "Done" the Firmware Upgrade screen displays again without any status and/or notifications relating to the firmware that was just "successfully" uploaded (according to the screen at least).

I was able to successfully upgrade the Boot Version from : 2.0.0.00 to 2.0.0.03 with this same process so what is going on with the Firmware update?

It is as if the Firmware is uploading to the switch but the update is not running.

Help!

rhuseman
Level 1
Level 1

If you read the release notes... it indicates that you have an interim release required before you can move to 18.  Try 17 and then move to 18.  Hope this helps.

I wonder if the PC personal firewall is blocking requests from the switch when it is trying to upgrade ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X