Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone works abnormal.

sang-bong.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I'm not good at eng , so please understand me. :-)

since several weeks ago,. ip desk phone is working abnormal.

I called to someone and he got a call. then he can hear hold sound even tough I didn't push hold button.

it got back to normal after I turned off CUCM publish server and it's working abnormal again after few minutes or few days.

I haven't found anything wrong in config in CUCM and

there was no setting which make phone on hold automatically.. I'm using CUCM 4.1(3) version..

Is there anyone who can help me ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the status of the DB replication within the cluster using the DBHelper app or directly within SQL Enterprise Manager.  Post back on the status of DB replication and we'll go from there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Your replication is good. The "Replication Monitor" icon is green. If replication were bad, it would have a red X over it. The next step, with 4.1(3), would be to reset the cluster. When you rebooted the Publisher, that was a good idea. But, your phones should be homed to the Subscriber and it may have things cached in memory that only a reboot will resolve. Personally, I would schedule some downtime - reboot the Publisher again and let it come online and confirm server health. Then, reboot the Subscriber and once it comes back online then verify replication, phone registration, etc. Then, try to recreate the issue again on the phone after the cluster reset.

Hailey

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the status of the DB replication within the cluster using the DBHelper app or directly within SQL Enterprise Manager.  Post back on the status of DB replication and we'll go from there.

Hailey

Hi Hailey

I excuted SQL Server Enterprise Manager. but I don't know where I should check

when I look at replication status. it's idle status . do I need to start it ?

could you please refer attached file ?

Your replication is good. The "Replication Monitor" icon is green. If replication were bad, it would have a red X over it. The next step, with 4.1(3), would be to reset the cluster. When you rebooted the Publisher, that was a good idea. But, your phones should be homed to the Subscriber and it may have things cached in memory that only a reboot will resolve. Personally, I would schedule some downtime - reboot the Publisher again and let it come online and confirm server health. Then, reboot the Subscriber and once it comes back online then verify replication, phone registration, etc. Then, try to recreate the issue again on the phone after the cluster reset.

Hailey

Hi Hailey.

I found out what caused the problem. it is CTI Manager service. when I stop CTI manager. all things are normal.

and only when I start CTI manager, it works wrong.

do you know what CTI manager is and is it nessasary to keep starting ? or

is it ok to stop the service ?

many thanks!

CTI = Computer Telephony Integration.  I don't think that this is the actual cause of your problem unless there is something I don't know about your situation.  Here is what the CTI Manager Service does:

The CTI Manager contains the CTI components that  interface with applications. With CTI Manager, applications can access  resources and functionality of all Cisco CallManagers in the cluster and  have improved failover capability. One or more CTI Managers can be  active in a cluster, but only one CTI Manager can exist on an individual  server. An application (JTAPI/TAPI) can have simultaneous connections  to multiple CTI Managers; however, an application can only use one  connection at a time to open a device with media termination.

CTI Manager is required in a cluster for applications that use TAPI or  JTAPI Computer Telephony Integration (CTI). The CTI Manager acts as a  broker between the CTI application and the Cisco CallManager Service. It  provides authentication of the application and enables control or  monitoring of authorized devices. The CTI application communicates with a  primary CTI Manager and, in the event of a failure, will switch to a  backup CTI Manager. The CTI Manager should be enabled only on call  processing subscribers, thus allowing for a maximum of eight CTI  Managers in a cluster. Cisco recommends that you load-balance CTI  applications across the various CTI Managers in the cluster to provide  maximum resilience, performance, and redundancy.

Here are the primary CTI Services on the CCM:

Cisco IP Manager Assistant

When activated, Cisco IP Manager Assistant enables managers and their  assistants to work together more effectively. Cisco IPMA supports two  modes of operation: proxy line support and shared line support. The  Cisco IPMA service supports both proxy line and shared line support in a  cluster. Refer to the Cisco CallManager Features and Services Guide.

The feature comprises a call-routing service, enhancements to phone  capabilities for the manager, and desktop interfaces that are primarily  used by the assistant.

The service intercepts calls that are made to managers and routes them  to selected assistants, to managers, or to other targets on the basis of  preconfigured call filters. The manager can change the call routing  dynamically; for example, by pressing a softkey on the phone, the  manager can instruct the service to route all calls to the assistant and  can receive status on these calls.

Cisco CallManager users comprise managers and assistants. The routing  service intercepts manager calls and routes them appropriately. An  assistant user handles calls on behalf of a manager. Cisco IPMA  comprises features for managers and features for assistants.

Cisco WebDialer Web Service

Cisco WebDialer provides click-to-dial functionality. It allows users in  a Cisco CallManager cluster to initiate a call to other users inside or  outside the cluster by using a web page or a desktop application. Cisco  WebDialer provides a web page that enables users to call each other  within a cluster. Cisco WebDialer comprises two components: WebDialer  servlet and Redirector servlet.

The Redirector servlet provides the ability for third-party applications  to use Cisco WebDialer. The Redirector servlet finds the appropriate  Cisco CallManager cluster for the WebDialer user and redirects the  request to the WebDialer in that cluster. The Redirector functionality  only applies for HTTP/HTML-based WebDialer client applications because  it is not available for Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)-based  WebDialer applications.

If starting/stopping the CTI service seems to resolve your problem, then I would ask if these phones are being controlled or monitored by any CTI applications (ex: IPCC/IPCCX)...if not, then I would be suspicious of a bug or something else at play.  Do you have up-to-date TAC support for your system?

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: