cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on 1841 IOS

joertenazas
Level 1
Level 1

My 1841 router is loaded with IOS (C1841-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(1c) and the Flash size is 32Mb. According to our ISP technical support the router cannot be configured for BGP session because the IOS version does not support it. What version is just right? What do I need to do? The free space on the Flash is 15839232 bytes.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John

Feature Navigator is the tool you need to use for this. If you click on the link below it will take you to the start page. From there choose "Search by plaform" and then select your device and choose a feature set. Note that IP Base does not support BGP but there are a number of feature sets that do so you can choose the one you want. It will also show the image once you have chosen the feature set and the amount of flash/DRAM required to run it.

Feature Navigator

If you have any more queries please come back.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Hi Jon,

Thank you. My problem now is the free space of the Flash, I have to replace it with 64K.

More power!

joertenazas wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thank you. My problem now is the free space of the Flash, I have to replace it with 64K.

More power!

There were IOS images with BGP that only needed 32Mb flash but you would need to delete the old file first so you don't necessarily have to upgrade your flash.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card