Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Unable to Maintain Sessions

Dulal Ray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have deploy new application & done load balancing via CSS for both Web & App Server.

Sceenario Web & App Server.Users from Internet & Intranet hit on CSS VIP 1.1.3.15 after which Web called the App VIP  1.1.4.15 via CSS.We are not sure whether the CSS maintians the Sessions between Web to App & the same Session is also maintain with End users.

We are stuck in this issues unable to find out where is the issues if it is with CSS how we can resolve it & if not how we can elimnate the isues is not with CSS.Pl. let me know if session ID can be seen on CSS if it maintains it.I'm attaching Block Diagram & Active/Backup Config. Pl. help us to resolve the issues.
2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ray,

the only way to be sure is to capture a sniffer trace.

Capture the client -> css + css -> web + web --> css +  css--> app flows.

See where the RST or FIN is coming from.

For the CSS, there is no Web, no APP, no sessionid ....

Just flows with a default idle timeout.

You can try to increase the idle timeout with the command "flow-timeout-multiplier 50' on every content rule and group.

Gilles

Gilles,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already taken the captres but there is no information on Session ID i want require help on 2 things

1. The configuration which is done on both CSS is not having issues.

2. Pl. let me know can we configured access-list on CSS as from DMZ WEB server i;m able to telnet any port outisde.Cnfiguring access list will resolve the issues or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: