Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility anchor issues

sayrmatics
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've got 2 WiSMs running as my internal controllers and a 5508 as the anchor. the docs I've seen say to have the anchor and the internal controllers in separate mobility groups but the only time i could get them to show 'Up' under control path in the Mobility Group section was when i placed them in the same mobility group. while in separate groups with the control path showing as down i could ping between internal and anchor controllers.

apreciate your help.

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what code are you running on the WiSMs and the 5508 ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

i've got software version 6.0.196.0 running on both the WiSMs and the 5508.

Andrew Betz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Seyi,

The WLCs will allow for you to maintain your Anchor WLCs within a seperate mobility domain.  Since mobility is operational between your two WLCs when within the same group, it is possible that there may be a slight misconfiguration.  Please take a look at the example below, and see if this helps:

Foreign WLC:

Default Mobility Domain: corp_internal

Mobility Members:

11:22:33:44:55:66 10.1.1.1 corp_internal

66:55:44:33:22:11 192.168.0.1 dmz

Anchor WLC:

Default Mobility Domain: dmz

Mobility Members:

66:55:44:33:22:11 192.168.0.1 dmz

11:22:33:44:55:66 10.1.1.1 corp_internal

Once you make these changes, try sending an eping and mping between WLCs.

Cheers,

Drew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: