Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 Cross Site Deployment query

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have LMS 2.6 installed at Manchester Airport. We would like to upgrade this to 3.2 and deploy the same product at 3 other Airports within the group.

Ideally I would like to centralise all reporting and management elements but obviously this cannot be done across Wide Area Networks.

I was thinking of changing the LMS deployment at Manchester to multi-server mode and then deploy RME, DFM and Topology Services at each remote site, with one instance of Common Services at Manchester.

I want all DFM alerts to be visible from the DFM module at Manchester and have the ability to launch into the various tools from Manchester.

Does this sound like a feasible solution ? Or is Ciscoworks simply not setup to provide this level of deployment / centralisation ? Do I have to deploy multiple stand alone versions of LMS at each site and use remote desktops to manage remote sites ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Apart from having a single DCR for all servers I don't think there is much that can be done.

Question is, do you need any local management when the WAN is down.

If not, you can manage all devices from one remote server. The management traffic is no big deal for nowadays WAN.

I believe you could also just have the DFM module on one server in Manchester and have local servers that have RME, CAMPUS and the other modules.

I don't think you can get the DFM alerts from multiple servers togehter in one view

If I read the cisco marketing it says that LMS is able to "understand" that a given tool for device X runs on RME@server3 where for device Y the same tool runs on  RME@server2.

I have however not yet tried such a thing.

I guess you need a statement from you cisco account manager that this works and has been tested

Cheers,

Michel