Unified Call Manager Feature License

Answered Question
Mar 30th, 2010
User Badges:

Dears,

Greetings

Any one can advice me about the Call Manager Feature License , I am going to install new Call Manager Version 7.1 , one server without subscriber or backup server , just MCS 7825 server oen server , do i need to order " License Unified CM 7.1 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats " , and please if yes, why.

Regards,

Correct Answer by David Hailey about 7 years 1 month ago

If you are going to be using this as a production system then yes, you need to purchase an applicable license for the server and the phones (DLU-based licensing) or users (CUWL-based licensing) that you need to install on the server.  The backup server can be any customer-owned device that runs an SFTP service such as CopSSH, etc.  This would not require licensing anyway.  The system comes with a limited demo license; however, it is not intended for production use.  Consider the demo license for "lab use only".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
David Hailey Tue, 03/30/2010 - 12:11
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

If you are going to be using this as a production system then yes, you need to purchase an applicable license for the server and the phones (DLU-based licensing) or users (CUWL-based licensing) that you need to install on the server.  The backup server can be any customer-owned device that runs an SFTP service such as CopSSH, etc.  This would not require licensing anyway.  The system comes with a limited demo license; however, it is not intended for production use.  Consider the demo license for "lab use only".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

RAMI ABDALLAH K... Tue, 03/30/2010 - 22:55
User Badges:

Thank you David for your efforts , i have problem with understanding licensing , the documents i was found in cisco sites not clear.

paolo bevilacqua Tue, 03/30/2010 - 12:53
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

So you can find that if you use CME instead, it comes much simpler and economical.

RAMI ABDALLAH K... Tue, 03/30/2010 - 23:00
User Badges:

thank you , yes Mr. i know but, i am not care about the cost and i need to deploy the system to big system contine more than 200 users.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content