Helpful
Replies

Unified Call Manager Feature License

RKha
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Greetings

Any one can advice me about the Call Manager Feature License , I am going to install new Call Manager Version 7.1 , one server without subscriber or backup server , just MCS 7825 server oen server , do i need to order " License Unified CM 7.1 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats " , and please if yes, why.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are going to be using this as a production system then yes, you need to purchase an applicable license for the server and the phones (DLU-based licensing) or users (CUWL-based licensing) that you need to install on the server.  The backup server can be any customer-owned device that runs an SFTP service such as CopSSH, etc.  This would not require licensing anyway.  The system comes with a limited demo license; however, it is not intended for production use.  Consider the demo license for "lab use only".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are going to be using this as a production system then yes, you need to purchase an applicable license for the server and the phones (DLU-based licensing) or users (CUWL-based licensing) that you need to install on the server.  The backup server can be any customer-owned device that runs an SFTP service such as CopSSH, etc.  This would not require licensing anyway.  The system comes with a limited demo license; however, it is not intended for production use.  Consider the demo license for "lab use only".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you David for your efforts , i have problem with understanding licensing , the documents i was found in cisco sites not clear.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you can find that if you use CME instead, it comes much simpler and economical.

thank you , yes Mr. i know but, i am not care about the cost and i need to deploy the system to big system contine more than 200 users.