Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy April Fools Pranks...

apyzik
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning All,

I am sure you have all heard of the upside-down-ternet by now. I was wondering if there was a way to do this with the ASA 5510. We were looking to either flip the images or replace all images with a picture of our own choosing. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

APy

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure what you mean and are you sure you want to play pranks on production equipment?

Yes, we have already received approval from the Powers That Be... We want to filter every JPG, GIF, etc that comes through our firewall and either flip it or replace it with our own picture files. In other words, we want to point any reference to a jpg or gif to an image stored on a local server. Or our other option, would this be easier to set up a Squid Proxy Server on an alternate machine?

Yes.

The ASA can block images using regexes in the HTTP GETs, but it cannot replace them to your liking.

Using an HTTP proxy function is the way to go there, because the proxy can give back to the end user any content that you want.

I hope it helps.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card