Server teaming configuration

Answered Question
Mar 30th, 2010
User Badges:

Dear all,

We plan to do Server teaming on one of our HP Server. we have 2 core switches connected in HSRP mode. we plan to connect HP server in both switches one port each. is it possible?  what are the  various ways through which i can do the teaming in HP sever....

Correct Answer by francisco_1 about 7 years 3 weeks ago

HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming provides 4 types of teaming configurations., you’ll need to consider your technical needs as well as the available network infrastructure.

Transmit Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Dual Channel Load Balancing

Depending on the your teaming setup, you easily increase a server’s network availability and performance. Also you could take a look at Link State tracking as well.

see  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Correct Answer by Collin Clark about 7 years 3 weeks ago

On the server you can configure active/passive, active/active (don't do this one even though it's an option) or what I suggest is to trunk each port to the respective switch.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Collin Clark Tue, 03/30/2010 - 07:28
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

On the server you can configure active/passive, active/active (don't do this one even though it's an option) or what I suggest is to trunk each port to the respective switch.

Correct Answer
francisco_1 Tue, 03/30/2010 - 08:01
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming provides 4 types of teaming configurations., you’ll need to consider your technical needs as well as the available network infrastructure.

Transmit Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Dual Channel Load Balancing

Depending on the your teaming setup, you easily increase a server’s network availability and performance. Also you could take a look at Link State tracking as well.

see  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Actions

This Discussion