Views
Helpful
Replies

Server teaming configuration

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We plan to do Server teaming on one of our HP Server. we have 2 core switches connected in HSRP mode. we plan to connect HP server in both switches one port each. is it possible?  what are the  various ways through which i can do the teaming in HP sever....

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the server you can configure active/passive, active/active (don't do this one even though it's an option) or what I suggest is to trunk each port to the respective switch.

View solution in original post

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming provides 4 types of teaming configurations., you’ll need to consider your technical needs as well as the available network infrastructure.

Transmit Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Dual Channel Load Balancing

Depending on the your teaming setup, you easily increase a server’s network availability and performance. Also you could take a look at Link State tracking as well.

see  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the server you can configure active/passive, active/active (don't do this one even though it's an option) or what I suggest is to trunk each port to the respective switch.

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming provides 4 types of teaming configurations., you’ll need to consider your technical needs as well as the available network infrastructure.

Transmit Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Load Balancing with Fault Tolerance
Switch assisted Dual Channel Load Balancing

Depending on the your teaming setup, you easily increase a server’s network availability and performance. Also you could take a look at Link State tracking as well.

see  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card