cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM & Nortel CCMS 6

james.bastnagel
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to connect Cisco ICM to our Nortel Symposium/CCMS 6 server, BUT the two devices are separated by a firewall. I have been able to find documentation regarding the multicast configuration on the Nortel side, but nothing using unicast through a firewall.

Has anyone attempted this before, or does anyone know of documentation for port/firewall requirements between the two devices?

Thanks,

James

3 Replies 3

kabeer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James

Did you get any input on this..? Were you able to solve this issue...?

We came across a similar issue as well... Any thoughts will be helpful.

Thanks

Kabeer

Kabeer,

We were finally able to get this working--I only have access to the configuration on the Nortel side however. This is what I have open inbound on my firewall--I am not filtering outbound (Nortel-->ICM):

service-object tcp eq 3000

service-object tcp eq 1550

service-object tcp eq 4905

service-object tcp eq 30000

service-object tcp eq 10020

service-object tcp eq 135

service-object tcp eq 10000

service-object tcp eq 10023

service-object tcp eq 10024

service-object tcp eq 10025

service-object tcp range 1024 5999

service-object tcp eq 10013

In addition, data compression for the RTD/Real time reporting service on the Nortel/CCMS side MUST be disabled or the ICM box will never connect to CCMS.
I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but this is the experience I can share.
Thanks,
James

Thanks James.... When i had put a wireshark... I am seeing an ICMP traffic from the PG to the Nortel everytime when I start the service... were you experiencing any similar traffic...?

Best Regards

Kabeer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: