cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS - login server

francisg
Level 1
Level 1

when I start CUPC, my login server, always defaults to my server hostname, PRESENCE. How do I configured the server so that the user only has to enter their username and password, and the login server is defaulted to PRESENCE.domain.net

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I was able to preconfig a client by dropping the attached uclocal.xml into the users' %userprofile%\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Personal Communicator directory.

The file needs to exist before the client starts up, or it generates a blank default file.

The trick is getting it in there before someone uses CUPC - possibly could deploy it via a login script if CUPC isn't initially set to start on login.

Oh - and not overwriting it if it's there already or you'll be screwing over the other settings that get added when someone logs in.

There must be a better way...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi Michael

When playing with that XML file, I noticed there was a 'serverdiscovery' field... Wireshark suggested there wasn't much actual discovery going on.

Any idea what that parameter is about?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I was able to preconfig a client by dropping the attached uclocal.xml into the users' %userprofile%\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Personal Communicator directory.

The file needs to exist before the client starts up, or it generates a blank default file.

The trick is getting it in there before someone uses CUPC - possibly could deploy it via a login script if CUPC isn't initially set to start on login.

Oh - and not overwriting it if it's there already or you'll be screwing over the other settings that get added when someone logs in.

There must be a better way...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

In addition to Aaron's post, on CUPC 8, the logon server address was stored in registry.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael

When playing with that XML file, I noticed there was a 'serverdiscovery' field... Wireshark suggested there wasn't much actual discovery going on.

Any idea what that parameter is about?

Thanks

Aaron

I guess you meant "PAS.SOAP.autoServerDiscovery"?

By default it's set to "True".

In a multi-server environment, each user has a "home server".  However, the logon server may or may not be the "home server".  After login, CUPC will discovery the "home server" and use it as the logon server next time.

This is called "autoServerDiscovery".

Michael

Ah - I see.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: