CRS Script Help

Unanswered Question
Mar 30th, 2010
User Badges:

We have Cisco IP IVR's and use the CRS Editor for creating scripts that interact with our IPCC Enterprise systems. We also utilize TTS servers that are running Nuance's RealSpeak software. I need to create a script that will read a text file and play back the text via the TTS engine. The script also needs to then save what is played back as a new wav file.

So far I have used the "Create TTS Prompt" step to retrieve and play back the text file, but I do not know what steps to use to now save the prompt that is played as a new wav file on the system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Tue, 03/30/2010 - 13:14
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Can I ask, why do you want to save this prompt?  Couldn't you just save the text instead?  I see you are retrieving from a text file, that makes my second question invalid.

I don't have TTS to test this with, but I did try this with a pseudo TTS prompt: N[123]

My only concern is, TTS might stream the audio to UCCX real time, instead of creating a temp .wav file.

Try this: create a document variable, and use the Set step to cast the TTS prompt into the document.

e.g.,

Set my_tts_doc = my_tts_prompt

In my test, this resulted in the following file being stored in my_doc:

FILE[C:\Progra~1\wfavvid\temp\[email protected]]

Now you can do anything with this resulting document, like write it to disk:

Write Document(my_tts_doc to "C:\my_tts_prompt.wav")

Let me know if this works, I'm very curious.

jasoncampbell Tue, 03/30/2010 - 14:29
User Badges:

Thanks for the response Anthony.

We'd like to create static prompts using the voice currently on our TTS server.

I created the document variable (wavfile) and then Set wavfile = TTSPrompt. The problem I came across was that I couldn't successfully use the Write Document step because the file is not out there to open and write to. If I first create the file using a Create File Document step, the system didn't create a "wavfile.wav" file at all, but for some reason it created a folder named "RIFF2".

This may not be feasible due to what you mentioned... streaming audio real time.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content