Missing Line Appearances on CUPS

Answered Question
Mar 30th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I have the following error reported on the CUPS System Dashboard.

No line appearances currently exists on the Cisco Unified Communications ManagerIn order for SIP Publish to work properly, line appearances must exist on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager

How can I troubleshoot this?

I am assuming that this is related to my impossibility to see status changes on CUPC when a user has an on going call.

I also see that the user device´s status in CUPS Presence Viewer has a question mark on it.

Regards,

Ariel

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 7 years 4 weeks ago

Hi

What this means is that either:

1) You may not have properly configured your SIP PUBLISH trunk.

2) If you think you have, then you probably haven't configured the Line Appearance Associations. This isn't the association of a device to a user through 'End Users' in CCM, but is the association of a specific line appearance (i.e. device/line pair) to the user.

To do this for a single user, browse to the user's phone or Device Profile (if using EM). Click their primary line, then scroll down to the bottom. You can add the user there as an 'associated user'. Save that and reset, and it should resolve the issue for the test user.

To do this in bulk, there is a facility in BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043177#3043177

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/31/2010 - 00:42
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

What this means is that either:

1) You may not have properly configured your SIP PUBLISH trunk.

2) If you think you have, then you probably haven't configured the Line Appearance Associations. This isn't the association of a device to a user through 'End Users' in CCM, but is the association of a specific line appearance (i.e. device/line pair) to the user.

To do this for a single user, browse to the user's phone or Device Profile (if using EM). Click their primary line, then scroll down to the bottom. You can add the user there as an 'associated user'. Save that and reset, and it should resolve the issue for the test user.

To do this in bulk, there is a facility in BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043177#3043177

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

arielroza Tue, 04/13/2010 - 09:34
User Badges:

Aaron,

It was as you stated on item 2). I did as you detailed and it worked,

Thanks. Post rated!

Ariel

Aaron Harrison Tue, 04/13/2010 - 10:41