Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Line Appearances on CUPS

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following error reported on the CUPS System Dashboard.

How can I troubleshoot this?

I am assuming that this is related to my impossibility to see status changes on CUPC when a user has an on going call.

I also see that the user device´s status in CUPS Presence Viewer has a question mark on it.

Regards,

Ariel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What this means is that either:

1) You may not have properly configured your SIP PUBLISH trunk.

2) If you think you have, then you probably haven't configured the Line Appearance Associations. This isn't the association of a device to a user through 'End Users' in CCM, but is the association of a specific line appearance (i.e. device/line pair) to the user.

To do this for a single user, browse to the user's phone or Device Profile (if using EM). Click their primary line, then scroll down to the bottom. You can add the user there as an 'associated user'. Save that and reset, and it should resolve the issue for the test user.

To do this in bulk, there is a facility in BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043177#3043177

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What this means is that either:

1) You may not have properly configured your SIP PUBLISH trunk.

2) If you think you have, then you probably haven't configured the Line Appearance Associations. This isn't the association of a device to a user through 'End Users' in CCM, but is the association of a specific line appearance (i.e. device/line pair) to the user.

To do this for a single user, browse to the user's phone or Device Profile (if using EM). Click their primary line, then scroll down to the bottom. You can add the user there as an 'associated user'. Save that and reset, and it should resolve the issue for the test user.

To do this in bulk, there is a facility in BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3043177#3043177

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

It was as you stated on item 2). I did as you detailed and it worked,

Thanks. Post rated!

Ariel

Good stuff.. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: