cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Signature Update S480?

cisco_admin1
Level 3
Level 3

I noticed that the software for the E4 engine update has been posted for all IPS devices, but no matching signatures (yet).  Also, I see that the IPS updates for MARS now have an update for S480 available, but no matching signatures for IPS.

Is this just a mix-up with release dates?  Or am I just missing where the S480 signatures are?  Also, will S480 be the first set of sigs released for the E4 engine?

Anyone with any insight?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are absolutely right. E4 engine is the latest release of IPS, and it comes with signature# 480 as the first signature package.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Whoops ... guess I should have read that E4 engine "readme" file that came with the download ...

"The E4 Engine Upgrade includes a Signature Update labeled S480. S480 will not be available for separate download.  Refer to the archived Active Update Bulletin for S480 for more details on this signature update release.  Active Update Bulletins are available at:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/bulletin.x?i=57 "

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are absolutely right. E4 engine is the latest release of IPS, and it comes with signature# 480 as the first signature package.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card