cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 to SPA9000

Kenneth Lee
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to setup two offices that have a VPN connection to each other - each office has a SPA9000 and SPA400 combo.  I would like to be able to dial extensions between the sites, but am unable to locate any doc on how to setup a site to site sip trunk ( I think I can figure out the dial plan if I can get the two 9000s to register).  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Since you'll be using a VPN, you can have all the phones connected to one spa9000.  One spa9000 supports up to 16 phones.  Connect a spa9000 to another spa9000 isn't supported.

Thanks for the reply.  I am slightly confused though.  There is another thread  (https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/11177?tstart=0) where it is referenced that  "You can have 3 SPA9000, but not behaving as a single unit. You would need to connect 1 SIP trunk to each of the neighbors (i.e. two SIP trunks).".  How do I go about making this happen?

From the description at that link, it sounds like you would obtain a SIP trunk from an internet phone service provider for each spa9000.  So you can then call the other spa9000 after you have that new SIP trunk number.

Ok....well....  I guess I will have to find another solution for my local lines in one office then.  I'll use your sugguestion until I can figure that out.

As multicast does not come across the VPN tunnel, how do I go about adding the SPA962 to a SPA9000 adaptor on the other side of the tunnel?

Hi Kenneth;

You would require either manual configuration or connecting/configuring the phones in office 1 before installing them in office 2.

Regards

Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: