Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS 2960

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Experts,

Can you please guide me in knowing "What is the difference between QoS Features in 2960 & 3560 Switch". I am seeing all the features are present in both the switch models. 2960 also supports L3 Packets, Marking, Policing etc. I refered Configuration Guide and also command reference guide.

I Hope I will get the detailed explanation from you friends

thanks in advance

sairam

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

snarayanaraju wrote:

Dear Experts,

Can you please guide me in knowing "What is the difference between QoS Features in 2960 & 3560 Switch". I am seeing all the features are present in both the switch models. 2960 also supports L3 Packets, Marking, Policing etc. I refered Configuration Guide and also command reference guide.

I Hope I will get the detailed explanation from you friends

thanks in advance

sairam

Sairam

If you go with the LAN Base image on the 2960 then there really is very little difference between the 2960 and the 3560 as they both support the same QOS feature set as you have pointed out. The LAN Lite image however supports a cut down QOS feature set.

So the reason to choose one over the other is largely down to whether you want L3 capability or not ie. the 2960 is a L2 switch only whereas the 3560 is L3.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card