Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting Video from IP Camera on my LAN

rite2anil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a setup including Cisco 6509 with SUP720-3B as a Core Switch and Cisco 4507 with SUP II +10GE as HUB switches in redundent mode. We have created several L3 Vlans in the Core switch and allow them upto the Hub Switches as a L2 Vlans. There is a Vlan named IP Camera, which uses BOSCH NWD 455 IP Camera as a end device connected from Hubs as a access port. Its encoder device is also connected on the same vlan at Hub switches via access switchports. Now, the problem is that I am not getting and Cameras on network scan via encoder or simply say that encoder is not detecting any Camera on the network in the same Vlan. I tried to test this on the simple L2 switch, where encoder is accessing the cameras.

For your reference, I am attaching the sample configurations of my Core and Hub switches.

Is multicasting is required for this setup as Cameras operating mannual says that UDP and IGMP should be enabled while accessing it on multicast.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Anil

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anil

Is the encoder connected to the same switch as the cameras ?

If not you may have an issue with IGMP snooping. You have 2 options -

1) on the 6500 switch turn on the IGMP snooping querier function for the camera vlan

or

2) turn off IGMP snooping on your switches as it is on by default.

Actually the 3rd option is to enable PIM under the camera vlan interface but i'm assuming you do not want to enable multicast routing.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card