SSL

Answered Question
Mar 31st, 2010

Hello Netpro

I need to publish a website on a DMZ Server with Active Directory authentication. Its not a public website.

I need to understand the advantages/disadvantages of publishing with SSL and without SSL

thanks

Nasr

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 8 months ago

Hi

Well - what's important is how the AD credentials are sent from client to server.

SSL will ensure that the credentials are encrypted even if the credentials are set to 'plain text' in IIS...

It will also validate that the server users are connecting to is the server it says it is - really anywhere where you want users to put their AD credentials (which if compromised could get someone access to any number of things) should be verified in this way...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/31/2010 - 04:06

Hi

Well - what's important is how the AD credentials are sent from client to server.

SSL will ensure that the credentials are encrypted even if the credentials are set to 'plain text' in IIS...

It will also validate that the server users are connecting to is the server it says it is - really anywhere where you want users to put their AD credentials (which if compromised could get someone access to any number of things) should be verified in this way...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Actions

This Discussion