cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure the timeout value for each router in route group

kt_leong23
Level 1
Level 1

I have create a route group to include two H.323 gateway (3845 router) for redundancy.The CUCM version is 5.1.

G1 and G2 added in the route group with "TopDown" distribution algorithm. When i dial outgoing call, it would go through the G1.

I have perfomed test to shutdown the G1 to simulate the router down or unreachable case, the outgoing call should go through the G2.

However, i found there would be long idle time before the outgoing call got succeed by G2.

It seem that the CUCM have try reach the G1 for outgoingn call and keep trying until the pre-configured timeout value meet, so this call would go for G2.

So, i would like to know where i could configure this timeout value to speed up the phone call process in case the first router down in route group.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Well - I've only ever had to adjust this from the gateways ---> CCM direction, as the timeout for H225 TCP connection is long by default on IOS.

There is a H225 TCP timer in Service Parameters for the CallManager service, but this is 5 secs by default which isn't long.

Have you tried running a 'debug cch323' to see where the delays appear to be?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I just want to know the configure the failover timer for the two router in route group.

Let say, if all channel in G1 got full or G1 is unreachable (Down), the next outoging call would go to G2.

Please list out which configuration i need to do on both CUCM 5.1 and 3845 router.

Thanks!

Hi

If your G1 gateway has all it's circuits in use, then you may need to have the CallManager service parameter 'Stop Routing on User Busy' set to false.

There's really not much else you need to do.

Debug it, and see where the delay is.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: