Views
Helpful
Replies

SMS with IPCCE

luai
Level 1
Level 1

dears

we are using IPCCE 7.1.4 with CVP 3.1, is we have a request to implement SMS functionality , customers should be able to get the internet setting on thier mobile through SMS from the IVR, for example customer called the CC and request to get the inernet setting in his cell phone so the IPCC shloud send this request to the SMSC and the SMSC will deliver the SMS to the customer.

is it possible?and how it will be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have the CVP VXML (Audium) system - server and Studio licence? If so, you can solve this.

What you can easily do is build a custom Java action class to send an email to a public SMS email gateway - there are plenty of them around. The Java class constructs the email with the caller's ANI in the address accordingto the syntax the SMS gateway expects, and the SMS gateway processes the email and turns it into an SMS and sends it to the phone.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have the CVP VXML (Audium) system - server and Studio licence? If so, you can solve this.

What you can easily do is build a custom Java action class to send an email to a public SMS email gateway - there are plenty of them around. The Java class constructs the email with the caller's ANI in the address accordingto the syntax the SMS gateway expects, and the SMS gateway processes the email and turns it into an SMS and sends it to the phone.

Regards,

Geoff

how can we solve this with Audium? but in mind that the SMSC cannot accept http requests, and it prefered to use SMPP instead.

many thanks for your nice support.

Might be worth talking to Exony. I tested SMS with their Application Gateway about 5 years ago and it worked really well. Not sure if it uses SMPP but I was connecting to an SMSC. I think that the Gateway is now part of their VIM Connect product but there is very little detail on their website www.exony.com

Hi,

Using VXML studio you can send emails from VXML apps.

Emails can be converted to SMS and sent using SMS Gateways.

Good Luck

aketata@3s.com.tn

Hi,

Using VXML studio you can send emails from VXML apps.

Emails can be converted to SMS and sent using SMS Gateways.

Good Luck

Very similar to what I said in the second post of this thread. I like Java custom action elements so I write them.

You are correct that there is an Email Action Element built into CVP Studio and you could use that.

The important thing is the existence of SMS gateways that will accept an email coming in with the address in a certain format - typically the mobile number AT somewhere - and send the email body as an SMS to that mobile.

Regards,

Geoff

very helpful as I was looking for this .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: