cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping a Site to Site VPN

davidjennings19
Level 1
Level 1

I need to stop a site to site VPN between two ASA5505's. I don't want to remove all the configuration as I'll need to reinstate it once I've completed some client VPN testing from the remote site.

Would I need to alter configurations at both ends of the link or is it ok to leave one end trying but failing to establish the link.

Regards

David

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

davidjennings19 wrote:

I need to stop a site to site VPN between two ASA5505's. I don't want to remove all the configuration as I'll need to reinstate it once I've completed some client VPN testing from the remote site.

Would I need to alter configurations at both ends of the link or is it ok to leave one end trying but failing to establish the link.

Regards

David

David

Up to you really. If you remove the peer address, easiest thing, at one end only as you say the other end will still try to connect which takes up firewall resources and, some although very limited, bandwidth.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Thanks Jon

I'll give that a go then, I was a bit worried about how much resource would be used at the fully configured end. As it's only for a test I think I'll give it a go.

Out of interest my problem is related to a client server application that is running very slowly via a site to site VPN, other engineers say they have not noticed any slowdown when the application is running via a client to site VPN.

Any suggestion on what could be different once the links have been established.

David

I prefer to remove the crypto map from the interface. That way I won't forget the end point IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: