cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N v1 SSL Certificate Expired August2009.... help!

mrsimoncummings
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I notice from other threads this certificate issue has happen to quite a few people and without a firmware upgrade it would seem impossible to resolve.  Can anyone help or suggest how to put a custom certificate on the device???

Here's the certificate error:  "This certificate has expired or is not yet valid."

This appears to effect VPN access to as my QuickVPN client thinks I do not have the certificate:  'Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer'

It's installed, just expired.

(PS I;m quite new to certs.)

Cheers,

S.

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

You could generate a new certificate from the Web Admin Interface of WRVS4400N. Go to VPN>VPN Client Accounts and scroll down the screen. Make sure your system time is correct before you generate a new certificate. Next export the certificate by "Export for Client" and place the certificate in the install directory of QuickVPN Client, which is C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\. With that certificate installed on the client side, you should not see a pop-up about missing certificate when you are restablishing a QuickVPN tunnel. This is all explained in the embedded Help page of QuickVPN Client 1.4.0.5. Good luck!