Cisco SGE2010P-AU and Vlans

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2010

Hi Guys,

I need you guys idea about vlanning our current network.

At the moment our network flat network which uses fibre links to distribution cabinets with these switches which is:

Linksys Cisco SGE2010P-AU :

Cisco SGE2010P 48 Port Gigabit PoE Layer 2+ Stackable Managed Switch. Supports Layer 3 static routing. Four shared Mini GBIC (SFP) ports for fibre expansion.

Now what I need to now with these switches can we do vlanning and also is it possible to do the vlan routing since they have the layer 3 static routing.

I know it is a pain in the neck not having the dynamic routing something like ripv1 or v2. The other option might be having some edge layer switch maybe with gigabit and POE to have routing with dynamicly.

Than the questions comes back to these current switches I am guessing we still have to punch in manual static routes again...

What we want eventually though to move out from current flat network to vlan networking better security less broadcasting easier to manage and more expantion to growth also better utilizing the network for our College.

I need some ideas guys we are open to any suggestions.

Our physical networking:

3 Sites:

al fibered.

Sites are connected with wireless TLAN 2mb / 2mb pipes.

All sites have these linksys switches at least 4 of them in each site.

Also we have a government grant which is about 10000 for each site to buy network equipment.

Thanks again,

GOKHAN

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion