cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asdm-idm laucher

JMCNEL
Level 4
Level 4

What is the latest version available for the asdm-idm launcher?. I am currently on 1.5(37) and it stopped

working yesterday. If I use it I get a pop-up box stating that a new version is available and that I need to upgrade. Well the upgrade is not working

even thou I select upgrade it just comes back again with the same box. I used this launcher for several of my

cisco devices (ASA / IDSM / FWSM /IPS). I cleared the cache for the IDM and the JAVA but nothing cant get it to work again. Any suggestions or advise would be great! Thanks

18 Replies 18

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this:

Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs --> Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher --> click on "Click here for support information" --> Repair.

Hope that fix the issue.

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately I dont have a repair option. When I click on the Support Info - I just have the following

In that case, can you please try uninstalling the asdm-idm launcher, and reinstall and see if that works?

i sure did - also cleared out all the cache from java and asdm. I removed it completely and re-installed it and it still gives

me the "upgrade" box that is not going anywhere.

Can you share a screenshot of that please?

Strange that you don't see the "repair" as per attached.

sure here is the snap

Did you try to access it via shortcut on your desktop?

Have you tried from Start --> Program  --> Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher?

I sure did - with the same results - upgrade box.

Can you share that "upgrade" box message?

sure here is the "upgrade" box

Which Windows are you running and is it 32 or 64-bit?

32 bit

You might want to check the java console for error log, and also what version of java are you currently running?

i have the console showing on my desktop and if I use the launcher the java console is not even popping up on my screen. Its like the launcher is not really accessing the java. If i use the https://x.x.x.x then the java console is showing up and i can log in without a problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: