Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited location feature

Jiri Tyl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one WLC 5508, 10 1140APs and demo WCS (PLUS license). As is mentioned here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/product_data_sheet0900aecd804b4646.html

Cisco WCS PLUS includes all WCS Base  features plus the ability to track location of a  single Wi-Fi device such as a client, tag, or rogue access point on  demand (limited location).

Could someone give me some info, how this feature works? Or what to setup, to get it work? Im trying it couple of days with no success and also Im not able to find any info or documentation.....

Thanks for reply

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.ericson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
to see one of your clients:

monitor/client/pick the user you want to see.

From here you choose "recent map ....)" from the drop down menu up in the right corner.

done!

/Bjorn

View solution in original post

ok now to the rouge ap:

monitor/alarms:

click on the rouge ap you want to locate and do the same as you did with the client:

select "map (high resolution)" on the drop-down menu.

/bjorn

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you trying to view the client?  If you go to Monitor > Clients > Click on an associated client down in the right corner do you see the box that says Map?  Can you click there to view the client?

What (with map) can I only see on this tab is: "AP Map Location". When I click the link for the map under, I can see APs and coverage levels, but no client location.....

Screenshot of the client info and Edit setings is attached.

Regards Jiri

Re: Limited location feature

b.ericson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
to see one of your clients:

monitor/client/pick the user you want to see.

From here you choose "recent map ....)" from the drop down menu up in the right corner.

done!

/Bjorn

Nice..... thanks a lot.

That was client and how can I locate a rogue AP?

Thanks

Regards Jiri

ok now to the rouge ap:

monitor/alarms:

click on the rouge ap you want to locate and do the same as you did with the client:

select "map (high resolution)" on the drop-down menu.

/bjorn

Thanks a lot,

these choices are nicely hidden...

Regards Jiri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card