Confused about Prompts and Locations

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2010

Iam just about to load up a bunch of new scripts, prompts etc for some improvements to our existing UCCX. part of this is a new prompt reccording application.

Here is the problem;

Say i have a prompt 888888.wav, i upload it through CRS via Prompts. - Fine no problem. Looking on the server i can see the new prompt in the \Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_GB folder. I play it and its the right prompt. I open up the Prompt on the CRS admin pages and again it plays the right prompt.

Then i use the prompt reccording application to reccord a new 888888.wav which is sucessful. I go into the  \Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_GB folder and again i hear the correct prompt. However if i go into the CRS pages and play the prompt it plays the old prompt. Looking on the server i do a search for 888888.wav and i now find two files

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_GB\888888.wav

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\tomcat_appadmin\webapps\appadmin\temp\888888.wav

Why does the crsadmin page not update? Will it update later on or?

Best wishes

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/31/2010 - 07:43

In your script, are you using an 'Upload Prompt' step, or are you just saving the prompt direct to the c:\blah\blah path?

gbljoba Wed, 03/31/2010 - 09:06

Im using the upload but i made a typo on the password for the user account for the upload. Now it works!

Its strange, i didnt spot it at first because the file got copied to the server, i would have thought if the password was wrong it would fail and not upload anything.

Best wishes

p.s thanks for leading me in the right direction, have some points!

Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/31/2010 - 09:16

Yeah, that's very odd... you would hope anyone that fails auth wouldn't be able to change anything...

This Discussion