cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issues with CWLMS 3.2 RME 4.3.1 cannot fetch vlan.dat off a VSS and 4510.

r.adams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a major headache with RME collecting the vlan.dat from a VSS and 4510, the device and credentials work fine, however when archiving the config i get partial success due to vlan failing. You can see in the IC_Services log that it attempts to TFTP the .dat file off which it fails with, i believe vlan fetch is only supported by SSH or telnet

when you do a CDA test both devices pass on everything..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When lms does the tftp it literally logs into the box and does the same command you did that timed out. Its not working because whatever interface its using does not have a roue back to the cw box. Use the tftp interface command on the device to choose a routable interface from which todo tftps with and retry the archive sync.

Regards,

Chris Jasztrab

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

r.adams
Level 1
Level 1

I have also copied the vlan.dat from the const_nvram: into the sup

bootdisk: which made no difference..

Please for the IC_Server.log file.  Also it might help you see the issue better to do a packet capture from the device center then do a sync archive on that device and see the packets going back and forth.

Chris

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So can you successfully run "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:" manually from the devices? Because from the past threads, it's clearly explained that both SSH/telnet and TFTP are needed, with the latter being the actual protocol used to get vlan.dat back to LMS:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/675365#675365

There's an enhancement request to fetch vlan.dat by SSH/telnet, but it's not implemented:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/674272#674272

I cannot access the server until tomorrow, but i ahve to assume that TFTP is enabled on the server because i have succesfully fetched the vlan.dat off 46 other switches. On the 6500 VSS the vlan.dat is in the const_nvram.. Could this be causing the issue

I don't think that's the cause, because my non-VSS cat6k's also have vlan.dat on const_nvram: and they're getting fetched fine.

ok, i will try again tomorrow to sync archive, i will manually tftp the

image off a switch that has sync'd succesfully and then try on the VSS again

Will post the results then.

managed to log on and please see below, tftp on one device works fine but from the 4510 or vss still fails

GRA_CHUB_CR_01#copy cat4000_flash: tftp:

Source filename []? vlan.dat

Address or name of remote host []? 172.20.220.10

Destination filename [vlan.dat]?

%Error opening tftp://172.20.220.10/vlan.dat (Timed out)

GRA_CHUB_CR_01#

DAR_R002_AS_01#

DAR_R002_AS_01#copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:

Address or name of remote host []? 172.20.220.10

Destination filename [vlan.dat]?

!!

616 bytes copied in 0.009 secs (68444 bytes/sec)

DAR_R002_AS_01#

When lms does the tftp it literally logs into the box and does the same command you did that timed out. Its not working because whatever interface its using does not have a roue back to the cw box. Use the tftp interface command on the device to choose a routable interface from which todo tftps with and retry the archive sync.

Regards,

Chris Jasztrab

thanks alot for that worked a treat....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: