Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager User Tracking Does Not Show Any End Hosts

Travis Hysuick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When running a UT Acquisition task in Campus Manager, the result shows 0 end hosts.

The platform details are as follows:

CWLMS 3.2 on Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard

Software module versions as per below:

Campus  Manager5.2.129 Mar 2010, 20:00:47 CST
2.CiscoView6.1.929 Mar 2010, 18:26:24 CST
3.CiscoWorks  Assistant1.2.029 Mar 2010, 18:26:24 CST
4.CiscoWorks  Common Services3.3.029 Mar 2010, 18:26:24 CST
5.Device Fault  Manager3.2.029 Mar 2010, 18:26:24 CST
6.Health  and Utilization Monitor1.2.129 Mar 2010, 19:41:24 CST
7.Internetwork Performance Monitor4.2.029 Mar 2010, 18:26:25 CST
8.LMS Portal1.2.029 Mar 2010, 18:26:25 CST
9.Resource  Manager Essentials4.3.129 Mar 2010, 19:51:05 CST

CSC hotfixes CSCta13528 and CSCtd49439 have been applied to address issues in CM and CV.

If anyone has run into similar problems, please feel free to post, I'm at a loss as to why this is not working as expected.

5 Replies 5

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

1) Was this ever working?

2) what settings do you have under UT acquistion settings?

It's a brand new installation, and I hadn't run the UT aqcuisition task prior to this issue.

As far as the acquisition settings go,

Acquisition Settings
Enable User Tracking for DHCP Environment  (CHECKED)
Enable User Tracking on Access Points (CHECKED)
Get user names from UNIX hosts
Get user names from hosts in NT and NDS domains (CHECKED)
Use DNS to resolve host names (CHECKED)
Use Port Number(for User Name acquisition)
Rogue MAC Detection
E-Mail:
New MAC  Detection
E-Mail:

Also Note: Ping Sweep / Subnet Acquisition is enabled on all end-station subnets (ie: the network mgmt subnets and point-to-point /30 subnets are excluded).

since you mentioned that it is a brand new install.

After you enable (I believe you did) all the settings (ping sweep, trunk port , all subnets - make sure they are in the 'selected' column ...not 'available' column).  click apply .  Then Run 'Data Collection' - for the switches.  this is a must.  After the data collection is done, run the usertracking.

I double-checked those settings previously to make sure I had the proper excluded and included subnets.

I then ran a full data collection job followed by a major UT acquisition, and recieved the same results, any other ideas?

We only carry the untagged vlan (1), the network management vlan, and the individual floor vlans to each access switch.

(ie: for a 5th floor access switch, we carry vlans 1, 5, and 254 on the trunk)

Is there any chance that having allowed vlan lists on the access switch trunks would make any difference?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this isn't an SNMP configuration problem, based on the thread at the URL below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3006989;jsessionid=FABECAA0DB7FA819DEB44F1BB64B6310.node0

My experience with SNMP is very meager to say the least, but below is the snmp configuration I've put on the devices that are managed in LMS.

For AES Capable Devices:
snmp-server group Datacomm v3 priv read v1default write v1default notify v1default
snmp-server user LMSAdmin Datacomm v3 auth sha priv aes 128

snmp-server system-shutdown

For Non-AES Capable Devices:
snmp-server group Datacomm v3 priv read v1default write v1default notify v1default
snmp-server user LMSAdmin Datacomm v3 auth sha priv des56

snmp-server system-shutdown

I'm using the v1default view because (as I understand it), this view has access to every SNMP function on the device. Can someone either confirm or deny this for me, please and thanks?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: