unity upgrade 5 to 7

Unanswered Question
Mar 31st, 2010

hi ,

we are planning to upgrade unity 5 to 7 . there will be no changes to unity os or the partner exchange server .

do i just need to run the unity cuica for the software upgrade ? any help would be appreciated.

thks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
David Hailey Wed, 03/31/2010 - 10:50

The upgrade guides for 7x are actually the same as 5.  So just follow the procedures here and you'll be straight:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge020.html

Your prep-tasks such as account creation and etc will have already been done but you'll still run thru the whole install during an in-place upgrade.  I think the term "upgrade" should be replaced as far as Unity goes but that's neither here nor there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

shingphing_2 Wed, 03/31/2010 - 11:06

hi hailey,

thks for the prompt response. infact i have the same guide that you mentioned . just confused where do i start from the guide since we r only upgrading the unity software.

So i still need to go thru the permission wizard , cuspa amd cuica ...

thks

David Hailey Wed, 03/31/2010 - 11:37

Yeah, the Permissions Wizard is a pre-req for actually installing Unity. Your permissions will already be set; however, you'll run the Wizard again. Essentially you are doing a "rebuild" of the system but, like I said, your prep tasks and troubleshooting that sometimes comes along with that has already been done for you.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Actions

This Discussion