Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 2 switches with Fiber

coletemple
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a basic question regarding two 3750G switches I would like to connect using fiber.

I have the 2 Twingig modules converter available for each switch.

I need to know my requirement to connect these two switch by their uplink.

I have already on my list:

1 SFP module (GLC-SX-MM) the question is how many SFP modules will I need to connect these 2 switches as each switch has 2 Twingig port (hence 4 SFP ports available). since each Twing Gig port has 2 SFP module.should I use 1 Twin Gig module and ordre 2 SFP modules (GLC-SX-MM) for each switch (hence 4 GLC-SX-MM )for the connection to work ?

Thanks for your guidance and related documentation you'll be giving.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the following Cisco document, the Twingig converter module can be used with up to 2 SFPs; which would seem to indicate the use of 1 SFP in a Twingig converter module is supported.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/hardware/install/notes/1757202.html>

You could install 2 SFPs per switch and run EtherChannel to gain additional uplink bandwidth.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the following Cisco document, the Twingig converter module can be used with up to 2 SFPs; which would seem to indicate the use of 1 SFP in a Twingig converter module is supported.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/hardware/install/notes/1757202.html>

You could install 2 SFPs per switch and run EtherChannel to gain additional uplink bandwidth.

Many thanks to you.

It has helped !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: