cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data VLAN DHCP from SA520 through WAN interface of UC540?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

Is there any way to pass DHCP from an SA520 connected to the WAN port of a UC540 through to the LAN clients of the UC540?  I have a client with a very strange configuration where two UC540s are sometimes going to be colocated in one area.  I would like to maintain all functionality of each UC540 in terms of outbound SIP voice calls, CUE, CME, but allow the data VLAN IP addresses to be configured dynamically by the upstream SA520.

This customer does not allow NAT on their network and therefore needs to keep all data VLAN clients on specific IP addressing scopes.  If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Seth

3 Replies 3

aaronc123
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have one in front of me to test with, but you should just setup an ip helper address

interface vlan 10

ip helper-address x.x.x.x

I'm not 100% sure that the UC540 supports this ... but I imagine that it does ... you of course have to have an appropriate scope defined and a route back to that network ...

Thanks Aaron,

I'll give that shot.

Seth

I checked on my lab 520 this morning and it will take the command ... so you should be fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: