Views
Helpful
Replies

dial trees don't work

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

We have a cisco call manager & I had a quick question about call manager and call trees.

I have a user telling me that he is having problems with calling another company and reaching the phone trees. they say "press 3 for sales" and he presses 3 and nothing happens.

Is it possible that this could be some new standards coming out in regards to which numbers line up to which tones?

What kinds of issues could cause this?

I am not persuaded that this has anything to do with our call manager. But, I just wanted to ask the questions.

Thanks,

Ben

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have Unity, have them dial a DN in a call handler, if it works then DTMF is being sent from phone.

Have your user try some other IVR system they know about, whatever you want. Call 1 800 GO CISCO and use the menu.

If it works, probably the problem is on the other end.

If it doesn't work look at your dtmf relay depending on what protocol you use on your PSTN GW.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Something very simple that is often overlooked - it could very well be that the Call Handler that your user is hearing has been recorded to say "Press 1, 2, 3...etc" but not all of the options (i.e., 3) have been configured or have been set to ignore yet the greeting hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: