Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual routers with only one WAE module

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I have dual routers (router A and router B)each connects to a separate WAN provider and HSRP is enabled between the two routers. Here are my questions. Given that I only have one WAE module in router A and I've created a new subnet for WAAS and the "interface Integrated-Service-Engine" and the Service-module are in the same subnet. Do I need to create another sub-interface on router B for WAAS ? Where would I enable WCCP on router A and router B ?

thanks in advance !!!

Danny

1 Reply 1

claudiols
Level 1
Level 1

The wae module have two interfaces; one internal that comes when we install the module on router and the external interface. It answers one of your questions, the router without wae module there is no way to appear the internal interface.

But the wae module can only optimize traffic on one interface, could be the internal or the external, not both. So you have to configure the wccp to both routers redirect the traffic to same interface, internal or external; and have in mid that the wae module will return the traffic to one default gateway only.

Because of that, a design with the external interface connected to a new vlan, with subinterfaces on each router, routing on this new vlan, passive interface on old vlan and some kind of hsrp between the routers would work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: