The UCCS SRND exlains the call processing well enough:
- a user from a phone dials an application triggger (CTI Route Point)
- UCCX selects an available CTI port and signals its extension to the CM
- CM send the call to that CTI port which kicks off the script and an RTP stream is established betweem user's phone and that CTI port
- script selects an agents and the user is transfered to that agent's phone
What it doesn't explain is the requirements for CSS and partitions for these four call setup participants - user's phone, CTI RP, CTI Port, and agent's phone.
Let's assume they all have different CSSs and partitions:
CSS-User assigned to user's phone and PT-User assigned to user's DN
CSS-CTIRP assigned to CTI RP device and PT-CTIRP assigned to its DN
CSS-CTIPt assigned to CTI Port and PT-CTIPt assigned to its DN
CSS-Agent assigned to agent's phone and PT-Agent assigned to agent's ACD DN
Can some one help me to properly configure CSSs with minimum required partitions?
- PT-CTIPt (I am guessing tat this is needed for calling the selected CTI port. Is it needed?)
- PT-Agent (Is it needed?)
- I have no idea when this CSS is used
- anything else?
- I understand that to make outbound calls from the agent's line, we will need some partitions here, but what I am asking here is whether we need any partitions to be able to receive calls.
I received a request from a customer to restrict the users ability to call agents directly and am struggling a bit with CSS/Partition design for that.
At the same time, I would like to get to the bottom of the CSS/Partition relationships for any UCCX setup.
Thanks in advance.