cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - How do we calculate exact Call Wait time In Queue?

TouchbaseParam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I’m using “Get Reporting Statistic Step” to get call wait time while queuing. The step as follows

Select Resource Step

-         Connect

-         Queue

CallWaitime= Get Reporting Statistic Step

Play Music (20 sec)

Play Announcement

Delay 1

Loop

While playing music wav file if an agents become available the call will be routed to that agent, in this case the call wait time shows zero sec.

For Example, As I listed above, if no agents are available the call going to a Queue and play music(20sec) wav file ,  assume after 10sec an agent become available so the call gets answered by agent but Call wait time shows 0.

Please advise… it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You already have this info in CAD - in the 'Contact Management' pane, you have Enterprise Data on the left, and on the right you see call history which lists the route point, queue, previous agents etc that the call has passed through, and how long it was at each point...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When you get a result from the reporting steps you should really validate it to make sure it makes sense.

For example, if it's 0, or say less than 10 seconds, there's not much point playing it out as your prompt is likely to be nearly as long.

I would say it's better to say the wait time is 'less than a minute' as the shorter the time, the less accurate it is possible to be. The system can't really tell when an agent is going to become available, it's just statistical.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your reply...  i think i haven't given my requirement clearly.

What i want is when call gets answered by agent, we need to display in CAD how long this call was waited.

What i tried in my script as follows.. While the call in queue,  using "Report statistic" step  to getting "Call wait time" and this values assigned to be one of the "CallVariable".

-         Connect

CallVar =CallWaitime

-         Queue

CallWaitime= Get Reporting Statistic Step

Play Music (20 sec)

Play Announcement

Delay 1

Loop

In my case, when call arrives no agents are available then the call gets queuing, with in Queue step calculating Call wait time and followed by playing 20 sec music file. While playing music wav file if an agents become available the call will be routed to that agent, in this case the call wait time shows zero sec.

For Example, as I listed above, assume after 10sec of playing music wav file an agent become available so the call gets answered by agent but Call wait time shows 0.

Is there any best method to calculated exact call time and display at CAD. Please advise…

Thanks

Regards,

Param

Hi

You already have this info in CAD - in the 'Contact Management' pane, you have Enterprise Data on the left, and on the right you see call history which lists the route point, queue, previous agents etc that the call has passed through, and how long it was at each point...

Aaron

In UCCX Finesse (11.6.2), how can I handle the calculations to return the minutes waiting in queue and hold that result in call variable and then I can display in Finesse desktop?

Hi Param,

Aaron is right, that info is already shown in the CAD, however if you want to show this info as a call variable in the left pane of the CAD you will need to use the Set Enterprise Call Info step of the CRS Editor, you will need to create a expanded call variable called user.layout and of type escalar in the CRS Editor and from the Cisco Desktop Administrator you need to create a new layout that will use this new call variable.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: