H-REAP : difficulty to get IP-adress for client after loss of controler

Answered Question
Apr 1st, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I configured the following:

- H-REAP Wlan

- H-REAP AP

-There is no trunk port on the AP, so "Vlan support" is unchecked in the AP config. Because I want to transit the Capwap data and the H-REAP data on the same vlan.

-I Have controller 5508 version 6.0.182.0

The first time I connect with my PC to the H-REAP Wlan, I get an Ip address

I see the DHCP request going out of the AP.

I can disconnect and reconnect many times with my PC, and I get all the time an IP-address.

Then , I disconnect the link between the AP and the WLC, and I reconnect it after a few minutes.( So the controler is again joined by the AP)

Then, when I try to connect the the H-REAP Wlan , it is impossible to get Ip address. I do not see "dhcp-discover" going out of the AP.

I have a message in the log of the AP: "Client 0018.de6a.3058 had 1 AES-CCMP TSC replays"

Even, if I reload the AP, the problem is still there.

The only way I found to clear the problem, is to modify something in the H-Reap-Wlan config, and to apply it.

Do you have any idea ?

Michel Misonne

Correct Answer by weterry about 7 years 1 month ago

I'm going to make a wild guess and say You have WMM Disabled on the WLAN....  Enable WMM (supported) or upgrade to 6.0.196.0  (if WMM is disabled..)

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
weterry Fri, 04/02/2010 - 23:16
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I'm going to make a wild guess and say You have WMM Disabled on the WLAN....  Enable WMM (supported) or upgrade to 6.0.196.0  (if WMM is disabled..)

mmisonne Tue, 04/13/2010 - 07:33
User Badges:

You are maybe right.

I do  4 actions/

- Change  in Wlan  :

1 Aironet IE  : From enable to disable (There is information in the packet that some older clients do not understand and clients can act in strange ways. So when we disable this feature, we find the client act much better

2 Client exclusion  : from enable to disable (This feature comes into play if a client has issues connecting to the wlan 3 successive times. He then will be knocked off the wlan and has to wait 60 seconds to join)

3 WMM policy  : from disable to allowed (If you have any WMM clients on the wlan they will be able to work/connect

4 Upgrade my driver:  (This is always a good thing to do. The newer the driver the more fixes for previous issue on the older version driver

And it woks fine.

Thank you for your help.

Michel Misonne

Actions

This Discussion