Views
Helpful
Replies

Power level error 1000BaseLX SFP

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

On a C3750 switch I have an interface with

1000BaseLX SFP which is generating syslog error messages indicating the receive error threshold of -19dBm has been exceeded, the avg power level is now -21.1 dBm.  A few questions (1)  What CLI command do I use to generate this power level statistic so I can compare other interfaces (2) given these levels are measured in microwatts, how significant is this error? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The LX SFP has a minimum optical receive level of -20dBm.  If your actual receive level is -21.3dBm, then you are operating below the minimum receive level for the SFP and you run the risk of increasing your bit error rate on the link.

You can check the Optical Receive Power level using the show interfaces interface-id transceiver detail command.  Details are located within the following document.  

Show Interfaces Transceivers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_50_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp8511452

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The LX SFP has a minimum optical receive level of -20dBm.  If your actual receive level is -21.3dBm, then you are operating below the minimum receive level for the SFP and you run the risk of increasing your bit error rate on the link.

You can check the Optical Receive Power level using the show interfaces interface-id transceiver detail command.  Details are located within the following document.  

Show Interfaces Transceivers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_50_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp8511452

Thanks!

very helpful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: