cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Cluster and Interconnect IP Addresses

alexhaddock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm struggling to find documentation on changing Fabric IP addresses.  I know it has to be done via the CLI but would really appreciate the process to do it.  I need to change the Fabric Interconnect IP addresses to a different network and they are in High Availability mode so there is also a custer IP.

Cheers, Alex

1 Accepted Solution
12 Replies 12

weiclim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex, here's what worked for me:

To change IP for fabric interconnects, login to either one via console:

1. UCS-A# scope fabric-interconnect a
  2. UCS-A /fabric-interconnect # set out-of-band ip netmask gw
  3. Repeat for the second fabric interconnect.

To change the virtual IP used for system management, this should be in the same VLAN as the individual fabric interconnect IPs:

1. UCS-A# scope system
  2. UCS-A /system # set virtual-ip

Finally check to see that there are no errors, then actually commit if everything checks out:

1. UCS-A# commit-buffer verify-only
  2. UCS-A# commit-buffer

Hope this helps!

Message was edited by: Wei Chiang Lim

Top man, thanks. Will try after the bank holiday and mark as correct when done (sure it is).

Cheers

Thanks, been a while since I successfully changed it with the command line but unless I'm going mad I don't think that option was in the firmware we had running at the time. Though may well have just missed the option .

Cheers both, Alex

Hi,

I have same problem. but i want to know if any business impact when i doing this activity.

one more thing is can u share me plan of action for this activity carried out.

please ...

Thanks in advance:)

sachintorne2,

What you will be doing is changing the way the Fabrics are accessed.  It should not mean any impact for the rest of the servers besides the impact that can cause any change in the mgmt IP address of any device.

If you are running UCSM 2.2, check the release notes cause now, you can assign inband and outbound mgmt IP addresses for UCSM.

HTH

-Rate All helpful answers.

Kenny

sachintorne2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

I have question like which ip address i have login?

i mean cluster IP or individual FI IP?

One normally uses the Cluster IP but for some troubleshooting scenarios you might need to access the individual IP address of an specific fabric, but again, you will normally use the cluster IP.

Rate ALL helpful answers

-Kenny

sachintorne2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

One more help reuire. can u please share me Plan of action for this activity.

Thanks in advance.

What exactly will you need ?

-Kenny

Hi ,

Thanks Again for the reply.

I wanted to know the Exact procedure / Steps i follow??

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

change the IP in the secondary, then the primary and last the cluster IP I would say... but will you be just changing the IP to another one in the same subnet or you will be changing the cluster to another subnet too?

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: