cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Phone for Call Pickup

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

I *must* be missing something, because this should be EASY!!

I have this building, outside phone # 555-1212.

When someone calls that line, it rings internally extensions 1900,1901,1902,1903.  These are part of Bldg3-LG (building 3 line group).

A person at ext 1904 is there late, so when someone calls in, he wants to be able to answer these calls.  But he doesn't want to have his phone ring everytime someone calls the outside line.  I have tried (in CCM 4.1.3) setting his "Call Pickup Group" to Bldg3-LG.  But when someone calls in, and he presses either Pickup or GPickUp, (model 7940) the phones keep ringing and he can't get the call. 

Both are members of the same Device Pool.

Anything else I might be missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You are missing something.. a very common, but delightfully obscure configuration...:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1051399#1051399

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You are missing something.. a very common, but delightfully obscure configuration...:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1051399#1051399

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call Pickup allows you to answer a call that is ringing on another phone within your  “group” (a collection of extensions that you define  defines).  So, in other words - all of these extensions could be a group and when any of them rings, other users in the group could pick up that call.  While you can enable Call Pickup as Aaron noted, I would suggest this:

In your case, the extensions are triggered to ring by a hunt pilot.  Another option would be to create a 2nd line group and the only member would be extension 1904.  Configure the hunt list to include your existing line group as priority 1 and then the new line group as priority 2.  You can then change or modify the algorithm of the hunt so that if no one answers from within the first group, the call would roll to the user at 1904.  His phone would then only ring if no one is available in the first line group.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

This setup does not work without the "workaround" shown below. Once you apply this you should be good to go

**Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit;looks like Aaron beat me to the punch

Hehehe..

Does anyone out there actually have a system that doesn't have that bug ID in bashed into the Enterprise Params? Has anyone found a situation where it causes problems?

Seems so odd that it's never been made default...

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Great question my friend +5 for all your awesome work here and for your vastly superior typing skills as well!

Here was a response I gave to Paolo back in '07 related to this

"Here is the "skinny"

Thisability to add Hunt Pilot #'s to Pickup groups used to work and peoplegot really used to it. Cisco decided that it wasn't supposed to work inthe first place so they went out and broke it After much complaining by the masses, Cisco relented and grudgingly came up with this setting (that allowed this to work again);

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763

I'm not sure why they didn't just fix it ??"

I guess somehow they are still unwilling to admit that they broke it in the "first place". That is surely

stubbornness 101

Cheers!

Huff

Hi

Well - if nothing else it keeps us looking clever

Aaron

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone!  I keep dancing with an upgrade to 7.1, but it took me ssssoooo long to get comfortable with 4.1, I'm afraid to move on!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: