Replies

Apply extended access-list to vlan interface on a 6509

kope
Level 1
Level 1

interface vlan 29

ip access-group Inbound in

ip access-group Outboud out

i have a simple extended acl applied to the vlan29 as above, but it did not work.

It seems the problem is---> the which is my inside network and which is my outside network. On a router, it is easily idenfied, since

they have physical interfaces, in general. Can i apply the above access-list on a Cat 6509 just like the router do?

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

kope@northropgrumman.com

interface vlan 29

i have a simple extended acl applied to the vlan29 as above, but it did not work.

It seems the problem is---> the which is my inside network and which is my outside network. On a router, it is easily idenfied, since

they have physical interfaces, in general. Can i apply the above access-list on a Cat 6509 just like the router do?

An acl applied inbound on a vlan interface filters traffic coming FROM hosts on that vlan.

An acl applied outbound on a vlan interface filters traffic going to hosts on that vlan.

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

interface vlan 29

Hi,

To apply the ACL in SVI or in Physical port you should have understanding of traffic flow in order to deploy the direction of the acl in interface.

As Jon suggested the direction of ACL,check out the below link on ACL understandings also.

http://www.ciscokits.com/pdf-new/All_about_access_control_lists.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Hi,

can I use reflexive ACL and apply it on a VLAN?

Thank you,

M

On VLAN ACL, the "IN" ACL is aplied  before routing. So, "IN", at this point, refers to traffic going out of the VLAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card