cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Execute the CCM Upgrade Assistant

frank.al.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Planning an upgrade I've downloaded both the CCMUPGDAsstInstall.4-3-12.exe and CCMUPGDAsstInstall-4-3-10.exe files. Either file execution results in a Windows Installer message stating:

"Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

I am using Windows 7 x64 bit OS.

Anyone run into this problem, installing the CCM Upgrade Assistant?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you trying to install the Upgrade Assistant on your local desktop - you said you were using Windows 7 x64bit OS - so I'm assuming you might be.  If so, that's the problem.  The Upgrade Assistant is installed directly on the CCM (Windows) servers and when you run it, it verifies that the system is healthy prior to upgrade.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I suspected as much. Thanks.

Hi,

Here are a few details taken from the Upgrade Assistant Guide which you may find useful:-

Your server login account must have Administrative  privileges to run the utility. You may log in to the server by using  the Administrator username and password.

Before you begin the  upgrade on the publisher database server, you must run the utility on  all servers in the cluster. If any server fails the validation process,  investigate and correct the problem(s) before you begin the upgrade on  the publisher database server. After you correct the problem(s), run the  utility again before you upgrade.

You can run the utility on  only one server at a time.

Cisco strongly recommends that you run  this utility during a scheduled, maintenance window.

For more information please refer to the following link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/assistant/up431tl.html

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts...

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

So Upgrade Assistant is only for Windows servers?  Is there anything for Linux?

Upgrade Assistant is for the Windows-based version of CCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: