Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically sync users in Unity Connections and UCM

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

I have UCM 6.1.3 and Unity Connections 7.1.3 integrated using AXL and I am wondering if there is an automated way to sync users in UCM & Unity Connections, so that we dont have to import users manually when the user is added in UCM.

Thanks.

Please rate useful posts.
2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Right now, there is no way to automatically sync.  The MACD guide for Unity Connection spells it out with this little tidbit:

"there is no automatic synchronization of user data between Connection and Cisco Unified CM. Any changes to user accounts that exist in both systems, and that must be kept synchronized, need to be made manually in both systems."

I wouldn't be surprised to see it added as a Task Definition in a subsequent release as it seems to be commonly requested; however, there is no official word on that to my knowledge.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

kumar-brajesh
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection is an appliance running on Cisco's IP Telephony

Operating System (just like Call Manager 5/6). Currently there is no

support for unified messaging or failover.

Unity Connection gets pointed to Call Manager *only* and gives you the
option to enter a call manager username/fname/lname/extension, query it
across via AXL, and then single-click (based on user template) create a
voicemail box tied to that user. It is not true synchronization of your
userbase from UCM to CUC, just a method of creating a voicemail box tied
to a UCM user.

If CCM user id AD intergrated and primary extension has been set we can import these users from CUCM using unity connection import tool.Once imported we can use BAT tool to Export "Users with Mailboxes" and  to "Update" Users with Mailboxes, using the csv file you just created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: